View all events, both upcoming and past.
Friends of the Festival
Join Friends of the Festival, a group of supporters particularly dedicated to supporting the work of the Festival.
As the only Festival in the UK dedicated to writing about Asia and Asians, the 2013 Festival will cover a broad scope of over 15 countries with themes including: Burma from all Angles, Freedom of Expression, Censorship, Cricket and the Rise of Modern India, "Cool" British Asians, Women, Freedom and the Islamic World, Re-Imagining the Chinese Dream, Travel, Cookery, Yoga for families and Manga.
We will welcome some of the superstars of Asian writing: Michael Palin, Elif Shafak, Mohsin Hamid, Tan Twan Eng, Ma Jian, Yan Lianke and more. A special literary salon will introduce some of the best new Asian voices.
Our outreach programme will support London area libraries during their Summer Reading Challenge with a series of events aimed at young readers. With our new and dynamic schools programme, the Festival will pilot a series of writing workshops in six London area schools, culminating in a writing competition. The authors of the five best pieces will have the opportunity to gain work experience with Asia House and some of our partner organisations.
Your support will help us to bring Asian Literature to the eyes of the UK and support our writing and mentoring programmes.
For a contribution of £250, Friends of the Festival will receive:
- 2 Asia House Literature Festival passes, giving you and a companion access to all Festival events at Asia House and the Commonwealth Club
- Friends prices on any additional tickets you would like to purchase,
- Invitations to any private receptions associated with the Festival,
- Priority booking and guaranteed access to even sold out literature events throughout the year,
- Acknowledgement as a Friend of the Festival on the Asia House website (unless you prefer to remain anonymous.)
Become an integral part of our Festival, and help us to bring the best of Asian writing and culture to the UK.
For more information, contact Festival Director Adrienne Loftus Parkins on email@example.com