Delivering through Diversity
Vivian Hunt DBE, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company UK and Ireland, will join Asia House at a conference to explore McKinsey’s Delivering through Diversity report.
A follow up from McKinsey’s seminal Why Diversity Matters study in 2015, the research highlights the link between a more diverse workforce and company financial performance. Diversity is good for business, with more diverse companies in terms of gender and ethnicity outperforming in profitability. Diversity of different types also matters; McKinsey found a statistically significant correlation between a more diverse leadership team and financial outperformance.
In conversation with Michael Lawrence, Chief Executive of Asia House, Vivian will discuss the outcomes of the report, with a focus on the Asian countries it profiles – Singapore, Japan, India and Australia – and explain the need to tailor diversity strategies to maximise local impact.
A following panel discussion will explore how companies can promote and effectively utilise diversity within their own organisations in order to reap the associated benefits of company performance.
- 8.00: Registration
- 8.30: Vivian Hunt DBE, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company UK and Ireland in conversation with Michael Lawrence, Chief Executive of Asia House
- 9.15: Panel discussion
- Rosie Donachie, Head of Corporate Affairs Europe, BHP
- Professor Sarah Sharples, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, University of Nottingham
- Daniel Danso, Global Diversity Manager, Linklaters LLP
- Laura Dunley, Commercial Director, Hitachi Rail Europe
- 10.15: Closing remarks by Priscilla To, Director-General, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office in London
This is an invitation only event. For more information please contact Evie Cramb in the Business & Policy Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.