Disruptive technologies expected to bring boost to Asia
Dominic Barton, Global Managing Director of McKinsey & Company, spoke about the expected positive economic impact of disuptive technologies on GDP growth in Asia, as well as the social benefits, at the Asia's Digital Transformation conference, held at Asia House.
Open Evening for couples planning to tie the knot
Open evenings for people interested in getting married at Asia House now take place on the first Monday of every month. It’s a chance for people to see our splendid venue first-hand and find out about the bespoke wedding reception packages also on offer. Under a new partnership with Westminster, Asia House can offer weddings or civil partnerships from just £420.
Monday 2 February
17.30 - 19.00
From Peking to Paris: China and World War One
To mark the centenary of the First World War, Penguin China has published a series of short histories on the economic and social costs it brought to China and the Chinese. Asia House will host a panel with several of these authors, who will all talk on their chosen subjects.
Tuesday 3 February
18.45 - 20.00
100 days: Jokowi's reform agenda is on track but various hurdles are ahead
Patricia Diaz assesses Indonesian president Joko Widodo's first 100 days in power, concluding that he has demonstrated he is committed to economic reforms but still faces a variety of challenges.
The best Asian books to look forward to in 2015
Our Literature Festival Manager Jemimah Steinfeld has selected her top 12 non-fiction and fiction Asian books to read this year, choosing one for each month!
On Kawara: One Million Years
To coincide with a large exhibition of the work of On Kawara, entitled Silence at the Guggenheim Museum in New York from 6 February – 3 May 2015, Asia House is pleased to present an audio presentation of the epic ‘One Million Years’.
6 February - 3 May
10.00 - 18.00
Access Asia - Making Connections
This Signature Conference, co-organised by Asia House and HSBC, will bring together business leaders, senior policy makers and opinion formers for a stimulating and forward-looking discussion on how Asia’s infrastructure is changing trade connections and commerce across – and to – the region.
Thursday, 26 February
09.30 - 13.00
Asia House Spring Fair
The seventh annual Asia House Fair will take place from 20 to 22 March, 2015. It will feature dozens of exhibitors that represent the best in arts, crafts, fashion and design from across the Asian region.
CEOs should all be on Twitter, says the social network’s MD
Parminder Singh, Managing Director of Twitter Southeast Asia, India & MENA, shares his tips with Asia House on hashtags, retweets and how companies and governments can get the most out of the social network, which has 284 million users worldwide.
30th January 2015
- Channel News Asia: Korean Air boss apologises in court for daughter's 'nut rage'
- Channel News Asia: Chinese relatives reject Malaysia's MH370 death declaration
- Channel News Asia: Jordan still awaiting proof pilot held by Islamic State is safe
- SCMP: Scenic area with London Tower Bridge knockoff is choking with rubbish
- SCMP: Historic Chinese villages 'rotting away' for lack of money
- SCMP: Man executed over rape and murder of girl his pregnant wife lured into their home
- Zee News: Shazia Ilmi much more beautiful than Kiran Bedi: Markandey Katju
- Zee News: King Salman is friend of India, says Indian diplomat
- Zee News: States, urban bodies key to Smart City project: Naidu
- Financial Times: Eurozone falls deeper into deflation
- Financial Times: Qatar Airways buys 10% stake in IAG
- Financial Times: New Saudi king stamps his authority
- Nikkei Asian Review: SMRT results: More passengers and cheap diesel lift transport profits
- Nikkei Asian Review: Most AEC milestones met: Hurdles remain to ASEAN trade integration
- Nikkei Asian Review: Former banker takes over: AirAsia X replaces CEO, proposes new rights issue
News & Views
Disruptive technologies expected to bring massive economic boost to Asia30/01/15
Dominic Barton, Global Managing Director McKinsey, outlines one of the key forces shaping the world.Read more
In his first 100 days Jokowi is walking the talk, but various hurdles lie ahead29/01/15
Jokowi’s reform agenda is on the right track but challenges lie ahead, writes Patricia Diaz.Read more
The best Asian books to read in 201529/01/15
Our Literature Festival Manager reveals her top Asian books to read, one for each month this year.Read more
DRIFTING DÉRIVEUntil February 2015
Artistic collaboration by performers, artists and architects until February 2015.Read more
Open evening for couples planning to tie the knot02/02/15 17:30
Come and view our splendid venue where you can get married for just £420.Read more
Alexandra Kremer: Faces of Freedom03/02/15 - 15/02/15
Alexandra Kremer-Khomassouridza photographed women as they wore the hijab.Read more