Asian Business Leaders Award Dinner 2014
Tables are already selling fast for Asia House's fifth annual Gala Dinner when we will honour Ho Ching, CEO of Temasek, who will receive the prestigious Asian Business Leaders Award. The event will take place at The Banqueting House, Westminster.
Contact [email protected] to find out about sponsorship opportunities.
Monday 27 October
19.00 till late
Masterclass with Chua Boon Kee
Renowned Singaporean artist Chua Boon Kee, winner of the SUSTAIN sculpture commission for a new public art landmark in London's West End, will discuss his work at Asia House three days ahead of the unveiling of his eagerly anticipated sculpture, entitled Flowing, in Chinatown, Soho.
Monday 15 September
18.45 - 20.00
Winner of the SUSTAIN sculpture commission
Leang Seckon: Hell on Earth
This exhibition at Asia House features a body of recent paintings, collages and video works by one of the foremost members of the emerging Cambodian contemporary art scene Leang Seckon. Seckon grew up during the devastating period of Khmer Rouge rule, witnessing the government-enforced policies that led to famine and disease, as well as state executions. He describes this period as “hell on earth”.
Now extended until 8 August 2014!
10.00 - 18.00 (closed Sundays)
Briefing on India's 2014 Budget
Asia House will host an exclusive roundtable discussion on Narendra Modi's inaugural Budget with Richard Rekhy, CEO, KPMG India and Jaspal Bindra, CEO, Standard Chartered Bank Asia.
Tuesday 29 July
08.00 for 08.30 - 09.30
For Corporate Members Only
Jaspal Bindra, CEO, Standard Chartered Bank Asia
Richard Rekhy, CEO, KPMG India
Win up to £2,500 to research Asian cuisine
Apply now for the 2014 Yan-kit So Memorial Award
In memory of Yan-kit So, Britain's leading authority on Chinese cuisine, the Yan-kit So Memorial Award provides a bursary of up to £2,500 to unpublished cookery writers to travel to any country in Asia to research that country's cuisine.
Rising Cities of Asia
Read our guides to 6 Asian cities that provide untapped opportunities for British businesses, including: Busan, South Korea; Dalian, China; Hanoi, Vietnam; Medan, Indonesia; Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia; and Xiamen, China
24th July 2014
- Channel News Asia: LIVE BLOG: TransAsia plane crashes in Taiwan
- Channel News Asia: Taiwan plane crash toll hits 48, officials defend flight clearance
- Channel News Asia: Bodies of Malaysian MH17 victims may take 'months' to return: Najib
- SCMP: Daughter of retired premier Li Peng warns major power company staff to stay out of trouble
- SCMP: SWAT teams train Beijing bus drivers on dealing with arsonists
- SCMP: Chinese man in possession of ivory, gold and 33,000 rounds of ammunition arrested in Zimbabwe
- Zee News: Congress asks why government is not taking up pending bills
- Zee News: Sania Mirza `hurt`, says will remain an Indian till she dies
- Zee News: Patients have right to their medical records: CIC
- Financial Times: US lifts ban on flights to Tel Aviv
- Financial Times: Japan’s trade deficit hits record
- Financial Times: S Korea reveals $40bn package as GDP slows
News & Views
Jemimah Steinfeld appointed Literature Festival Manager21/07/14
Jemimah Steinfeld will plan and implement the Asia House Bagri Foundation Literature Festival.Read more
Asia House is recruiting a Receptionist (Maternity Cover)18/07/14
The full-time Receptionist will cover a period of maternity leave.Read more
‘It is not just dancers, we are all nomads’16/07/14
The organisers and participants of the Artist as Nomad project explain what it is all about.Read more
Leang Seckon: Hell On Earth27/06/14 10:00
The exhibition features paintings, collages and video by the Cambodian artist.Read more
4-Part Summer Public Lecture Series on Asian Art26/07/14 14:00
This short course will explore Asian art and artists of the Asian diaspora.Read more
Briefing on India’s 2014 Budget29/07/14 08:00
Richard Rekhy, CEO, KPMG India and Jaspal Bindra, CEO, Standard Chartered Bank Asia, will speak.Read more