Asia House Film Festival Opening Gala to be held at Soho's Hamyard Theatre
The Asia House Film Festival 2015 opens with a short film 'Trans-Mongolian: A Long Train Journey', followed by Indonesian film 'In the Absence of the Sun'. The event will take place at The Ham Yard Theatre at the Ham Yard Hotel in Soho. Tickets are £15 and include a canapé and drinks reception.
Friday 27 March
18.00 - 22.00
Asia House seventh film festival programme unveiled
Asia House has announced the full programme of the Asia House Film Festival 2015 which will take place at cinemas across London from 27 March to 31 March, generously supported once again by Prudential plc.
Third Caspian Corridor Conference at EBRD
Join industry leaders and government ministers in energy, banking and infrastructure at the European Bank for Reconstruction & Development to explore the opportunities transforming the Caspian region.
Thursday 12 March
08.00 - 17.00
Will Modi’s first full year Budget meet expectations?
On 28 February 2015 Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Government announced its first full year budget for the Indian economy and there were high expectations in businesses from this budget across sectors. Richard Rekhy, CEO of KPMG in India (top) and Sanjeev Sanyal, Global Strategist & Managing Director for Deutsche Bank (bottom) will brief Asia House corporate members on the announcements.
Tuesday 17 March
08.00 - 09.30
Asia's infratructure is lagging behind its economic growth, say experts
Asia faces huge demand both for infrastructure and the financing of that infrastructure to meet the needs of its growing middle class. The integration of ASEAN as a unit and the emergence of India are the new powerhouses driving growth in the region but infrastructure is lagging behind.
Asia House will become bustling souk for annual Fair
TheAsia House Fair will take place from 20 to 22 March, 2015. It will feature dozens of exhibitors that represent the best in arts, crafts, fashion and design from across the Asian region.
Outsourcing healthcare to Asia
Hospitals across Asia are attracting patients from overseas along with investors. Low-cost, high-quality and easily accessible care has turned Asia into a medical tourism hub worth billions. Medical equipment companies are also busy promoting their machines in the region.
7th March 2015
- Channel News Asia: Pakistan to name schools after victims of Peshawar massacre
- Channel News Asia: Illegal mining, drug violence fuel Colombia displacement – UN
- Channel News Asia: Tiger rehab: Preparing animals for the wild
- SCMP: When neighbours are duped into thinking blood is thinner than water
- SCMP: One year on hopes fade for Chinese MH370 families
- SCMP: MH370 hunt gave China chance to boost humanitarian image with navy
- Zee News: Pakistan arrests 46 Indian fishermen
- Zee News: My visit part of high-level engagement with Colombo: Sushma Swaraj
- Zee News: 48 Indian fishermen captured by Pakistan; 8 boats seized
- Financial Times: Jobs report deepens emerging market rout
- Financial Times: US senator could face corruption charges
- Financial Times: Going the extra mile to win a $21bn deal
- Nikkei Asian Review: Defense powers expansion: Japan mulls use of force beyond direct attack
- Nikkei Asian Review: Catching up with neighbors: Laos getting talent, laws ready for ASEAN integration
- Nikkei Asian Review: Maintaining growth: China's Xiaomi eyes 50% smartphone sales jump
News & Views
Asia House announces its seventh annual Film Festival programme04/03/15
Films from Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Japan, Mongolia and Uzbekistan feature.Read more
ADB: ‘We are moving from a China-led Asian economy to an India-led one’02/03/15
Investment in infrastructure is needed in Asia as a result of growth now driven by India and ASEAN.Read more
Asia House is hiring a Researcher (Business & Policy)19/02/15
The Researcher's duties will include supporting the development and production of our publications.Read more
Norouz Bazaar at Asia House07/03/15 - 08/03/15
Pick up handicrafts, gifts and Persian food at the 25th annual Norouz Bazaar at Asia House.Read more
Third Caspian Corridor Conference at EBRD12/03/15 08:00
Explore the opportunities in the Caspian region.Read more
Will Modi’s first full year Budget meet expectat17/03/15 08:00
A breakfast briefing with Richard Rekhy of KPMG in India and Sanjeev Sanyal of Deutsche Bank.Read more